Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!!!!

Its Fat Tuesday!!!!


And yet, I've not decided what I am giving up for Lent. I suppose I better figure it out quickly since it starts tomorrow. I've considered several options: giving up elevators as I did last year (I work on the twelfth floor), giving up shopping as I did a few years back (the recession may have taken care of that for me this year), giving up wine or caffeine (this would cause me to lose my job which would cause the previous shopping fast as well), but nothing is standing out. I considered the Daniel Fast and the Carbon Fast, but I'm just not sold. I want to do something that will (a) affect my life/be difficult, (b) cause me to focus on God during the times I am feeling deprived and (c) be of consequence to the world.

I have the night to think about it. I am leaning towards combining the Carbon Fast with giving up elevators since they mesh well. I'll sleep on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment