Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Look for Less

I don't know many people that haven't been affected by the recession. Our nation is facing tough times and belts are being collectively tightened. I've had to cut back on shopping and I'm trying to maintain the level of style I like, while maintaining the bank balance that I like. So, I've had to be creative and try to create high-end looks for less.

I've been coveting this DVF sweater which retails $595.00 -- clearly out of the budget of a Recessionista (per Head to Toe With Heidi this is the name for a fashionista on a budget).



But then, the fabulous Gigi of Gigi's Gone Shopping hipped me to Old Navy's Button Front Sweater Coat and I had the answer to my prayers. The Old Navy sweater was only $39.50, less than one-tenth of the DVF version, and I had money left over for shoes! Thanks Gigi!





Please excuse my half-in, half-out left foot in the photo above, I am recovering from foot surgery and I can't wear heels yet.

Now, if only there were an Old Navy version of the Puff-Sleeve Silk Wrap Dress.....Le sigh.





Gigi's also has some other great look for less finds: check her out!

2 comments:

  1. I tried to comment earlier, and it wouldn't come up. (I still don't understand the weird quirks of Blogger sometimes) Anyway, left you a comment on the ChickDownton post. Love the sweater! And thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you and your DVF!!!! if you ever decide to get away from law you should def work for DVF. or maybe you can be a DVF corporate atty. now that sounds right up your alley!

    ReplyDelete